Saturday, March 1, 2008

I am here.




Eric and I haven’t pulled out our cameras much yet. White people seem to be uncommon here – so we are already a bit of a spectacle. People wave at us (while smiling warmly) and call out “blanc!” (white) as we walk by. So, we don’t want to draw more attention – or seem like tourists – by having our cameras out. Once we’ve been around awhile, it will be easier. I’m anxious to share photos of everything.

When Eric I were by ourselves (rare in this small town), I took out my camera for a few quick minutes the other day - just to document that I am here. My feet in the dirt. In Haiti.

5 comments:

betsy said...

mjm, i'm absolutely devouring every last bite of this, your words. i love that you are here on the screen, i have missed you more than imaginable. thank you for sharing all of this, many fles and hugs to you...xoxoxob

Anonymous said...

love to you both, molly! i'm so grateful to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're there and safe! You've been in our thoughts. - Kent

Becky said...

molly...i am loving reading about your journey so far...of course i'm thinking about how you and eric are, what you are learning, where you are exploring, etc. and the teacher in me is envisioning how i can use your experience with my little frenchies here. hope you are well.

Liz V, www.livingtheology.net said...

YEAH for amazing stories, quotes, photos - what a great log of your adventures. Thinking of you and excited for you and missing you - all in one. :) -LIz